We help homeless families — parents and children — who are in need of shelter. We give them a place to stay and three meals a day by housing them at our network of churches and synagogues. While they’re in our shelter network, we work with moms and dads on a plan that addresses the issues that led to their homelessness. Goals are set and parents are compassionately guided to take the steps necessary to find a home and become self-sufficient. Does your family need emergency shelter? Call IHN at 973-746-1400, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Our annual fundraising breakfast is scheduled for Tuesday, October 17, 2017 from 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. at Mayfair Farms in West Orange. If you would like to be a table host or would like to attend this event, please email email@example.com. There is no cost to attend. We hope to see you there!Read more»
- We are excited to launch Everydayhero a new, online based, mobile crowd fundraising tool that lets our supporters rally their friends and family to raise much needed funds for homeless families in need. Now you can create your own mobile fundraising campaign for IHN and share it online via email, and social media networks. If ...Read more»
- For the second year in a row, the Partners for Health (PFH) Foundation chose IHN as one of the non-profits for whom they offered a matching grant up to $12,000! Thank you to all those who responded to our call for participation through December, 2016. Because of your help, we not only reached our goal, ...Read more»
- The IHN Annual Fundraising Breakfast will take place on October 17th from 9 – 10 a.m. at Mayfair Farms in West Orange. Our theme is A Journey Home and we can’t wait to welcome 350 people to this inspiring event that will help so many families who are experiencing the devastating effects of poverty and ...Read more»
- Wondering what to do with your used car or truck? Instead of selling, trading or storing your vehicle, you can donate it to Interfaith Hospitality Network of Essex County. It’s convenient, easy, and you may qualify you for a tax deduction.Read more»