We help homeless families — parents and children — who are in need of shelter. We give them a place to stay and three meals a day by housing them at our network of churches and synagogues. While they’re in our shelter network, we work with moms and dads on a plan that addresses the issues that led to their homelessness. Goals are set and parents are compassionately guided to take the steps necessary to find a home and become self-sufficient. Does your family need emergency shelter? Call IHN at 973-746-1400, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- We have been fortunate in the first half of this year to benefit from three successful events. The events were well attended and received, and helped raise much needed awareness and funds for programs addressing family homelessness in Essex County. On May 8, a star studded line up of Broadway performers gave generously of their time ...Read more»
- This year, the Montclair Foundation, and the Montclair Fund for Women awarded $10,000 each to IHN to support programs that address homelessness among low income families living in Montclair. Additionally, Partners for Health foundation, also based in Montclair, made a grant of $4,000 to help IHN produce a new promotional video. The Montclair Foundation awarded IHN ...Read more»
- The Harmony Concert, a youth variety show to benefit IHN, will be held on August 25th at Central Presbyterian Church, 46 Park Street, Montclair at 7 p.m. The event is organized by In Harmony Montclair, a New Jersey based group that raises funds and awareness for local charities by organizing teen talent showcases and other ...Read more»
- Our annual fundraising breakfast is scheduled for Tuesday, October 17, 2017 from 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. at Mayfair Farms in West Orange. If you would like to be a table host or would like to attend this event, please email email@example.com. There is no cost to attend. We hope to see you there!Read more»
- The IHN Annual Fundraising Breakfast will take place on October 17th from 9 – 10 a.m. at Mayfair Farms in West Orange. Our theme is A Journey Home and we can’t wait to welcome 350 people to this inspiring event that will help so many families who are experiencing the devastating effects of poverty and ...Read more»
- Wondering what to do with your used car or truck? Instead of selling, trading or storing your vehicle, you can donate it to Interfaith Hospitality Network of Essex County. It’s convenient, easy, and you may qualify you for a tax deduction.Read more»