We help homeless families — parents and children — who are in need of shelter. We give them a place to stay and three meals a day by housing them at our network of churches and synagogues. While they’re in our shelter network, we work with moms and dads on a plan that addresses the issues that led to their homelessness. Goals are set and parents are compassionately guided to take the steps necessary to find a home and become self-sufficient. Does your family need emergency shelter? Call IHN at 973-746-1400, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Great news! IHN is eligible for up to $20,000 in matching grants from the Partners for Health Foundation! Your donation of $50 or more, made between now and December 31, 2017 will be matched $1 to $1 by Partners for Health as part of its campaign to Fight Hunger and Homelessness. Use this special DONATE ...Read more»
- With your support, IHN provided 59 families with complete Thanksgiving meals this year! Generous contributions from area congregations and individuals in response to our Thanksgiving drive, ensured that our families were able to celebrate a bountiful meal with their loved ones. Thank you for keeping your neediest neighbors in mind as you kicked off this ...Read more»
- The first annual Home For All Run/Walk for IHN’s families was held on a beautiful fall day at the South Mountain Recreation Complex in West Orange. Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo Jr. stopped by to kick off the event. We are incredibly grateful to everyone who supported this event through their participation, and their ...Read more»
- Our annual fundraising breakfast on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at Mayfair Farms in West Orange was a huge success! Thank you to our sponsors, event co-chairs Kathy Stine and Caroline Updyke, our speakers, table hosts, guests, volunteers, and vendors for all their support in making this event a success! We will be updating this space ...Read more»
- Wondering what to do with your used car or truck? Instead of selling, trading or storing your vehicle, you can donate it to Interfaith Hospitality Network of Essex County. It’s convenient, easy, and you may qualify you for a tax deduction.Read more»